Wednesday, September 28, 2022

once upon an august

I remember having a distant dream... 
of white drops falling on my cheeks
and of crackling heat at my ears;
of my head crowned by soft feathers,
of shivers dancing along my spine 
and passion pooled in my belly. 

and the darkest part was a firmness 
I'd feel at my back.
a steely support that held me together,
yet I could never turn to see.

until once upon an august...
when I smelled something so sweet
and delightful.
I followed the spice and 
fell into the dream 
where I could finally see 
a river of honey staring at me.

a pair of lips followed
and parted, 
"hi, darling".
a voice to wake me from my slumber,
a voice that calls me to 
remember the dream
and to live it,
and to write it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

mourning

there's a primal shift that occurs   when something of yours is stolen  a stillness takes over you and makes you wonder if this is death...